28 May 2014

HARD TO TELL


Hope many of you have  many rhetorical questions running in their  heads when they step in kibera am I going to be robbed?, am I going step on dirty or hit by flying toilet to your head? , or am I going to meet with street boy’s”chokora” and many more questions but some of visitors rhetoric question have minimized so no fear when you are visiting kibera,but as I said in my post about ten commandments of kibera the second commandment  say’s to be robbed is a must unless you are an angle, this robbing happen to due unemployment so no one to blame unless government creates a lot of job opportunities to reduce unemployment.
That why am saying is hard to tell even if you stay in slum it’s hard to tell when you will be robbed or you think because you stay in kibera no one can robe you, I thought so until I was robbed last weekend among others by six young men. this what happen I was in bus station waiting of a ``matatu”to take me to my hood that is in kibera, but bus fear was high so I waited until it reduced, by now it was at ten o’clock when I boarded a matatu to kibera it took us about thirty minutes for us to reach our destination
    On arrival we alighted the matatu as usual we walk down inside kibera on reaching railway line three men appeared in front of us by now we were a  group of four people the three men told us to knell down as we all tried to run other three imaged behind us with no otherwise we can do we kneeled down everything we had in our pocket’s went with those six robber’s but we thanked God that they didn’t harm us with the knives’ they held with their hands and a small gun that no one could predict if it was fake or real.But to us was not worse because it was on a railway line if it was on a street our necks could be swollen even now because of ``kupingwa ghettah’’ that is to be held on the neck by hand.So to me it was a lesson so to me I thought to be robbed in kibera was hard because it’s my hood but that proved me wrong anyone can be robbed so it was hard for me to tell if that could happen to me.
ALWAYS TAKECARE WHEN WALKING OUT LATE AT NIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment